Dodge Challenger "Black Ghost" pro-touring tribute!
Or just the body! The current price is for the car only ! (no engine and transmission) We can make you a nice combo deal with an engine and transmission.
"The black ghost"
The black ghost was a legend in the early 1970s. It popped up at street races and was gone again after the win in Detroit. It was a Dodge Challenger 426 HEMI RT/SE 4-speed with a gator gain hardtop, and in triple black. He also picked a super track pack 4.10 rear gears with heavy-duty springs and a Chrysler A-833 four-speed manual transmission with a Hurst pistol grip shifter on top. This thing was a beast!
Nowadays, black cars are quite common, but not in the 70s. But this person, who made this car a legend without really knowing it at the time. Knew what he was doing. Originally, he wanted to get a normal black vinyl top and a shaker hood. But something went wrong with his order, and he got this unique Dodge Challenger 426 HEMI. Personally, he didn’t like the gator grain when he got the car, and because of the order that went wrong, he didn’t receive the shaker hood, either. But he didn’t return it. And went for it. Stalking the streets with his buddy, he drove the streets of Detroit, joining street races, and after winning, he quickly left the scene again. Nobody knew who this person was. But they knew the car. And that’s how it got its name, the “Black Ghost”. Quickly defeating its opponent and quickly leaving the scene again.
Godfrey Qualls was an ordinary American, who served in the army in America. After that, he went on to become a cop. He was the man that owned the “Black Ghost” And did street races with it (Ironic, a cop who became a street racing legend in Detroit)
There are two ways we might build this car: either we go for a full-blown tribute or we go for a more pro-touring-style tribute. We can build the car with a 340 engine that will be hooked up with a correct A833 4-speed overdrive transmission.
This car will be built and completed to the highest possible quality standards and equipped with many special performance features and details that are almost too many to list here. So please contact our sales department if you want more information or details. The body is restored completely (rotisserie), is laser straight, and is solid.
The rest of the car will receive:
- Heavy duty Chrysler 8 3/4 inch rear axle with all new high performance axles, lim.slip.diff and all new gears and bearings.
- 4-link, fully adjustable rear axle suspension with coil over Q1A shocks and a HD driveshaft with loop.
- Weld in sub frame connectors for additional body stiffness.
- New independent, fully adjustable coil over front suspension system and all new engine mount clip with new rack and pinion steering system and new billet steering column with tilt steering.
- 4-wheels slotted and drilled disc brakes, 13 inch rotors with 6 piston calipers up front and 12 inch rotors at the back with 4 piston calipers at the back with hydro tech hydraulic power brake booster.
- Complete front to back Dynamat anti-heat and sound isolation inside and out.
- All new custom build interior with deluxe bucket seats, floor console, custom designed dash, all new carpets and headliner.
- New custom fuel tank, with all new custom fuel lines and alu connectors.
- All new chrome, grill, taillights, emblems, striping, glass ( tinted), trim, bumpers, rubbers, seals, bearings etc.
- Custom front to back new exhaust system and custom-made headers with electronic cut-outs (open and close sounds)
- All new custom alu wheels with low profile, high speed tires.
- All new heat and air-condition systems by Vintage air.
- Custom stereo and navigation system and back up cam.
The total build price of this car could variate between 150.000/200.000 euro depending on the choices we make together. Soon more pictures of the car, and its progress phase will be shown here, but you are also very welcome to come and see the car in person. It will be in our showroom once it's completed, if you want information ahead, or make a reservation, please contact our sales!
The car is for sale with papers and import duties paid with optional engine and transmission choices available & extra parts on extra cost.
|585hp and 800NM torque.
|Alu B1 ported
|Holley Sniper injection
|Front Suspension Type
|Rear Suspension Type
|See the ad for more info. Final pricing will depend on customer choices and details. Car is for sale now, but also when is completely finished. Price of all finished car or build with your private details can be requested via our sales office.
But if you like additional information then please contact our sales! If there are details on the car you want to change or add some personal details, we can assist you with that no problem!
- The car comes with US title and EU import taxes paid and included
- All our cars are sold with complete service and inspection prior to delivery.
- On request, we can transport the car door to door worldwide!
- On request we can also sell the car with Dutch plates or assist with TUV (H)
- For export outside EU or business to business price please contact our sales!
- While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Prices and info in online ad’s or website might diver and are subjected to changes and or have mistakes in them. Please verify any information in question with PedalToTheMetal Holland / Europe.
And keep in mind that, the car you're looking at here today, was also looked at by others yesterday. And we can only sell it once!
1970 Dodge Challenger Project Car SOLD