1978 Pontiac Trans Am Macho #102
Rare Pontiac Trans Am Macho
Number 102# out of 204# ever built and only 120# still know to exist for sale
In 1977 Kyle and Dennis started to buy 26 Pontiac Trans-am's from Pontiac dealers to have them tuned and cosmetically changed to a more ''Macho” style Trans Am, they tuned the cars to make them better driving and better looking. The two were called Dennis/Kyle Mecham. Every Trans Am they build is different from each other beside a few special editions they build, they changed the following items on the car:
- Hooker Headers
- Koni Shocks
- Reprogrammed Automatic Transmissions
- Shorter / stiffer springs
- Different timing settings distributor / ignition.
- 160 MPH speedometer
- 8000RPM Tachometer
- Special Paint
- No Mufflers only Catalytic Converters.
So like we said, Dennis and Kyle Mecham built 26 performance-tweaked Trans Ams that they dubbed as Macho T/A. The modified Trans Ams were a hit and the company, DKM designs performance, sold all they could build. Which eventually made 203 of them in total in 1978, and they marked the car's trough other Pontiac dealers. They claimed that everything in the 70's was Macho, and thus why they called the modified Trans-am Macho T/A. And said, “It may not be the best name, but how can you forget it?”
This car is originally from Arizona and is completely restored. It still has its original components and engine and transmission. This car is rust free and is really a 9 out of 10 considering its originality and its concourse state. The car is equipped with all the luxury options you could get like power steering/air conditioning (which still works really well) Am/Fm Stereo/Disc brakes/Power windows/Tilt steering column and many more options. Which you can view in the picture gallery!
A few highlights of this beauty!
These Macho's Trans Am never show up for sale because of its rareness and when they show up they are sold in a flash, the looking is awesome, driving it is awesome, and hearing its awesome! The interior of the car is just all perfect and all new or original and correct, the Red interior looks amazingly next to the platinum silver exterior paint, we just love this one! 400 engine and automatic transmission combination had originally 200 horsepower but with these tuning extra's they gained around 50 horsepower extra, this Trans Am is quick! This 77/78/79 Model trans-ams are the most popular Trans-am at the moment because of the Smokey and the Bandit Serie on TV.
This car comes with import taxes paid and exported Belgium registration.
We can trade in your current classic car or modern car please contact our sales department.
- 15-inch Rally style wheels
- AM/FM Radio
- Bucket seats
- Deluxe interior
- Floor console
- Floor shifter
- Front spoiler
- In dash tacho
- Power brakes
- Power disc brakes
- Power steering
- Rear spoiler
|Engine size||400 6.6 Liter|
|Estimated Horsepower||250 HP|
|Transmission Spec||3 Speed|
|Front Suspension Type||Coil over Shock|
|Rear Suspension Type||Leafsprings|
|Front Brakes||Disc Brakes|
|Rear Brakes||Drum Brakes|
But if you like additional information then please contact our sales! If there are details on the car you want to change or add some personal details, we can assist you with that no problem!
- The car comes with Belgium Papers and EU import taxes paid and included
- All our cars are sold with complete service and inspection prior to delivery.
- On request, we can transport the car door to door worldwide!
- On request we can also sell the car with Dutch plates or assist with TUV (H)
- For export outside EU or business to business price please contact our sales!
- While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Prices and info in online ad’s or website might diver and are subjected to changes and or have mistakes in them. Please verify any information in question with PedalToTheMetal Holland / Europe.
And keep in mind that, the car you're looking at here today, was also looked at by others yesterday. And we can only sell it once!
For Trading in your current classic car please contact our sales department.