1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible 340
Dodge Challenger 340 Convertible. Only 1 of 5 Canadian 340 Cars!
Special handling car/Special order executive car Y22! This must be a one of one car! A previous PTTM restored car out of a special Mopar collection, this car is a real investment grade collector and a great car to drive! 1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible 340 Automatic that's already a mouth full.
The Dodge challenger in 1971 received a complete metamorphose, new grill/new taillight panel/new hood styling/newer options and different engine combinations this Challenger received the 340 High performance engine combination with the 3-speed automatic, normally in 1970 this setup was only available as an RT option, but in 1971 the RT option wasn't available anymore with the 340 Engine, but this car has all the options like an RT, but is more elegant and luxury than a Sporty model, it is a real executive car and special handling car option Y22 on the build sheet, this car should be an auction car, and when it does, it will hit a sky rocking price!
We found this car with a collector in Canada around 5 years ago, and bought it from him, in that time the car was painted in a correct medium blue color scheme, and we decided to restore the car back to its original EV2 color option, Hemi Orange. In 2016, we dismantled the complete car and did a full repaint of the complete body inside and outside, and we cleaned the underside and repainted it with a driver protector coating, because this car was going to be ridden often, and was original also equipped with the black anti rust protection coating. The engine and transmission were rebuilt where it was needed, and we restored the drivetrain with new brakes/new hoses/new shocks/ new suspension parts etc, we restored the interior with new seat covers and new door panels, and we installed new parts like carpet/floor mats/etc, the car received also a Vintage Airco conversion kit, so we have a modern heater and AC unit in the car that works great and better than the original. The car finished the restoration in the summer of 2017 where we registered the car in Holland to make the final test drives and after this we sold it to a big Mopar fan and collector in Belgium, where the car was stored inside and is serviced every year through our garage. The owner enjoyed it for a couple of years and then decided it's time for a different Mopar. We have many pictures of the old car being blue until the restoration and until today.
Why is it that Special:
Finding a convertible Challenger is already a hard one, but finding a 1971 model convertible is even more difficult, then considering it's equipped with a 340 high performance engine and automatic transmission is even more difficult, plus on top of that it's only 1 of 5 Canadian exports cars. This car is loaded with options & the car has two fender tags, a fender tag is a small metal plate where the most options were noted, if the car had many options you could get 2 tags to put all the options on the tag, this car comes with its original 340 engines and original transmission, that also very rare, the car hasn't driven much in his life, and is taken care of well and always stored inside.
The rare options are:
Dual Elastromeric Bumpers this is an option what is very rare to have on a car, almost never seen on cars this one has it, they are both i good condition. Another special option is Power Windows front and rear, combined with Power Convertible Top, plus there is R36 AM/FM cassette Radio installed with extra speakers in the Dash, also a very rare option, there is also a very special Executive Tape Recorder installed on the console where you could record while you speak, and you could send the tape to anyone. Also, the car received a trunk lid luggage rack, this was an extra rack where you could place your luggage on, very rare option, and its so rare that nobody had removed it. The long list of options are noted here below, plus see the pictures for the Build sheet, where even rarer options are noted.
- E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73
- D32 H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans / Some Years A-998
- J = Dodge Challenger
- H = High
- 27 = Convertible
- H1B H = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
- 1 = 1971
- B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
- 211147 Sequence Number '211147'
- Paint Code: Hemi Orange
- Trim Grade/Style/Color
- H = High
- 6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
- X = Black
- 000 Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel
- B12 Date Built: 11 / 12 / 1970
- B45332 Order Number: B45332
- V3X Roof Type OR Color: Black Convertible Top
- C Built For Canada Specs
- A01 Light Package
- A22 Elastomeric Front & Rear Color Bumber Package
- A62 Rallye Instrument Cluster
- B51 Power Assisted Brakes
- C16 Console w/ Buckets
- C55 Bucket Seats
- G15 Tinted Windshield Only
- G36 Left Hand Remote, Right Hand Manual Outside Mirror
- H51 Single Air /w Heater
- J25 3 Speed Variable Wipers
- J45 Hood Tie Down Pins
- J46 Locking Gas Cap
- L25 Trunk Compartment Light
- M25 Wide Sill Molding
- M31 Belt & Hood Molding
- N21 Air Pump
- N41 Dual Exhaust w/o Tips
- N42 Chrome Duel Exhaust Tips
- N95 Nox Exhaust Emission Control
- P31 Power Windows
- CTB Unknown At This Time
- 2e Fendertag:
- V6X Black Longitude Sports Stripe
- 26 26 Inch Radiator.
- EN2 End of Tag 2.
- P37 Power Convertible Top
- R36 AM / FM Radio Sterio w/ Cassette
This car will receive a complete service check before it will hit our showroom floor, and will be detailed to be clean and fresh again. The car will be showroom ready soon and will receive a complete new Photo shoot and a Video will be made soon.
- 15-inch Rally style wheels
- 8 3/4 Rear Axle
- AM/FM Radio
- Bucket seats
- Deluxe interior
- Floor console
- Floor shifter
- Front spoiler
- In dash tacho
- Power brakes
- Power disc brakes
- Rally wheels
- Wheel trim molding
|Engine type||Chrysler Small Block|
|Engine size||340 CIU|
|Transmission Spec||3 Speed|
|Front Suspension Type||Torsion bars|
|Rear Suspension Type||Leaf springs|
But if you like additional information then please contact our sales! If there are details on the car you want to change or add some personal details, we can assist you with that no problem!
- The car comes with Belgium Registration and EU import taxes paid and included
- All our cars are sold with complete service and inspection prior to delivery.
- On request, we can transport the car door to door worldwide!
- On request we can also sell the car with Dutch plates or assist with TUV (H)
- For export outside EU or business to business price please contact our sales!
- While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Prices and info in online ad’s or website might diver and are subjected to changes and or have mistakes in them. Please verify any information in question with PedalToTheMetal Holland / Europe.
And keep in mind that, the car you're looking at here today, was also looked at by others yesterday. And we can only sell it once!